You need to be logged or registered to view this video

You need to be registered or logged in to watch this video

Use your credentials...

OR

Use your social media...

Simon Sinek – Start With Why

Simon Sinek teaches leaders and organisations how to inspire people and is best known for popularising the concept of Why.

His talk on the subject became the second most watched talk of all time on TED.com and his first book Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action is a global best seller.

Enjoy the episode and let me know your why in the comments below!

09:24 No roots.
10:13 Early career change, the common element he enjoyed, and what he doesn’t talk about.
12:56 First Ted Talk.
14:56 Simon’s journey of getting to his why.
21:31 Vision of a profoundly different world.
23:40 Value of concept of why to companies. Comparison of Costco and General Electric.
27:47 Decline of innovation in the world.
32:19 What were the opportunities from the 2009 first Ted Talk?
34:59 Has anything changed in the original golden circle concept of why, what and how. Is there a who?
37:03 A movement, not a business.
37:34 Law of diffusion of innovation – how has this statement morphed?
43:19 Understanding the power of knowing your why.
45:11 Working on diffusion without understanding concept of why, can lead to problems.
47:08 ‘Leaders Eat Last’, why that book and at that time?
51:56 Afghanistan and Simon’s moment of epiphany.
1:06:25 ‘Leaders Eat Last’ book born out of questioning where trust and cooperation come from.
1:08:34 The circle of safety. What does that mean?
1:10:29 Simons high regard for Navy SEAL teams and the role of trust within them.
1:17:22 What has been the response to the more mature and in depth second book?
1:18:28 Has Simon ever made mistakes in choosing the right company or person to work with?
1:19:29 Next steps in Simon’s journey.
1:22:03 Technology, a time bomb impact of modern life on millennials.
1:31:54 Is there a solution?
1:34:22 Leadership is now even more important.
1:36:26 Strategies families are using.
1:40:05 What is the most effective requirement for a speaker?
1:46:06 Simon’s biggest challenge.
1:48:50 Success secrets.
1:49:40 The Donald Trump phenomena.
1:52:53 Are our politicians a reflection of ourselves?
1:54:36 Phone call to the 20 year old Simon Sinek.
1:55:35 Best advice ever received.
1:56:43 Advice to those with lack of self-esteem.

People also watched these...

ALL COMMENTS

40 Comments on "Simon Sinek – Start With Why"

Notify of

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
1 month 9 days ago

Great Great show! love it

1 month 14 days ago

Simon is great . I have been following him from a long time .

1 month 12 days ago

And he hasn’t spotted you yet? You must be pretty good

2 months 15 days ago

One of the best interviews in recent times, really an eye opener. Great going Simon Sinek.

4 months 7 days ago

Great interview.

4 months 21 days ago

Hey, I can’t watch the video, It doesn’t show 🙁

4 months 21 days ago

1:35…talks about strategies around kids and WiFi….I just bought the most amazing device for this and I highly recommend it. http://www.meetcircle.com has totally changed our kids focus.

4 months 23 days ago

I have seen many of the Simon Sinek videos and read his books but I think this is one of my favorite because it is an interview that gets to his personal story and shares his true generosity and true heart for all of us. Thanks for being an idealist, Simon! Thanks for this interview!

4 months 28 days ago

I was starting to get teary at 1:16:00

Dre
Admin
5 months 1 day ago

Combining Simon’s “Start with why” and Neil Strauss’ “Why should they care? Assume no one cares” has been instrumental in redefining how I approach everything? Which is hilarious because as an Autistic person I don’t care about WHY at all, its all about WHAT…but to be effective you must communicate in the language of the majority .

5 months 1 day ago

Inspire on!
“Start With Why” it’s a must read… life changing

5 months 5 days ago

His passion is mesmerizing!

5 months 12 days ago

… thats true, when I get the Environment right (Safety + belonging: the container), trust and cooperation just happen.

5 months 14 days ago

This really goes deep, many stories and anecdotes

5 months 14 days ago

Wow – a side of Simon I never new – grateful to her your story – the military experience changed you – did it change your why? or help you to see or remind yu of your WHY? – Anthony

6 months 1 day ago

I appreciate Simon’s American and British accent combined. Very charming and how could you not pay attention to what he’s saying! His Ted talk on leadership sold me! I wanted to show it to my military leaders – He nailed on everything about it!

6 months 1 day ago

Great interview. Really felt the authenticity of this person particularly when talking about his wake up call in Afghanistan. Vulnerable, heartfelt and ultimately powerful because of that. Thanks London Real for continuing to do what you do. I am spreading the word!

6 months 4 days ago
Simon Sinek is clearly one of the most profound and articulate thinkers around right now. Very inspiring! However Brian, I question whether or not you were actually listening to your guest. I doubt mr Sinek would approve of you cutting out his explanation of daily habits and selling them as ‘success secrets’ on a paid portion of your site. Simon’s whole message seems to be against success/leadership as a secret. He actually described people like you in his discussion as takers. You are clearly not here to GIVE. I’m sorry if it may seem like a small thing, but that… Read more »
4 months 4 days ago
I have to agree, if they wanted to leave it out, that is ok. But, blaring the commercial ad into my ear drums, and Simon’s mic/voice combo was so soft compared to Patrick’s, but Simon is who I really wanted to hear, felt like he was trying to be dominate/in charge in relation to Simon through sound editing. But let me just give this little secret away, he started to say he gets up every morning brushes his teeth. So he is talking about a series or morning habits, that kick start the brain, that help with mental preparation, and… Read more »
charlotte meyer
6 months 4 days ago

Patrick with all due respect, I think you should look at it in reverse. Brian is offering for free a means to be inspired by providing free content. however, this is a business and he also serves the paid membership that deserve to have a private session with interviewees. that private session is under the academy segment called success secrets.
I could offer dozens of examples where their is a tiered enter into information, music, art you name it.

Lisa May
6 months 5 days ago

My kid’s school and my family considered me a bad parent because I would not allow video games and phones for the kids. I did it for the very reason Sinek describes. My parents would give them electronics on holidays, which mad me the bad guy and such and thus~ He is finally preaching the Millennial sermon. I saw this a while ago.

John Robinson
6 months 3 days ago

I hope you take great joy when your kids pass their exams with higher grades! Seems that saying “NO” automatically makes you a bad parent these days. Stay strong!

6 months 9 days ago

Sinek continues to impress. “start with why” is one of my top 3 business books. Great show.

6 months 13 days ago

Amazing interview, even though I’ve seen lots of Simon interviews but this one was different.

wpDiscuz