The Road to Ruin
This week on the show I’m extremely excited to welcome the American financial expert and author of four New York Times best selling books, James Rickards.
His latest book is called “The Road to Ruin” and it is the global elite’s secret plan for the next financial crisis. And the reason I like James is because he’s been there and done that.
He was part of a hedge fund called Long Term Capital, that I used to trade derivatives with when I was in Wall Street in the 90’s. He took that fund from a billion dollars up to 7 billion, and then the whole thing collapsed. So he’s seen when a financial market and traders go wrong.
Find Your Podcast Idea In Under 30 Minutes
Free MasterclassRegister now
James has worked with two Nobel Prize winning professors, and a lot of PhDs but he’s seen what happens when things go terribly wrong. And now he has financial models that sometimes have been able to predict terrorist attacks. He actually predicted Donald Trump winning the presidency based on his financial models, and he’s a brilliant guy.
Invest in Gold
We go deep into finance and talk about derivatives, and what us greedy bankers are really like. James is also good friends with Max Keiser, of the Keiser Report, and so he talks about where you should be putting your money, he thinks 10% of your assets should be in physical gold, and how you can protect yourself from the next financial crisis.
We also talk about the emergence of Long Term Capital Management, and how National derivative swaps are a monster completely out of control. James also explains the magnitude of the financial consequences in 1998 and 2008 financial crisis and how social unrest will escalate as we near the next apocalyptical financial crisis.
The thing about James that I admire is that he’s not scared to tell it how it is, and he also just wants to help the rest of us figure out the best way to survive the next financial crisis. James even told us where he puts his money, and how what we can do to save our families.
We have a really interesting, peppy and fun conversation. I learned a ton from what James had to say and there’s amazing stuff in this episode. I know you’re going to enjoy my time with James Rickards.
Join us as we discuss:
- Gold, silver, and where your money should be invested
- Ronald Reagan, Stephen Moore, and Lawrence (Larry) Kudlow
- ‘The Black Swan’ by Nassim Taleb, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and insider trading
- Bayes’ theorem, Glass-Steagall legislation, and the Sumitomo Bank
- ‘Fools Gold’ by Gillian Tett, the Bell Curve, and Bear Stearns
- David Lipton, Lawrence Summers, and Kenneth Rogoff
- Solomon Brothers, Ozark Mountains, and Yuval Noah Harari, Arthur Laffer, Judy Shelton, and David Malpass
- Warren Buffett, Timothy Geithner, and Ted Cruze
- Anatole Kaletsky, Mario Draghi, and Henry (Hank) Paulson
- Phil Gramm, Bill Clinton, and Blythe Masters
- Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingraham, and Sean Hannity