Thanksgiving Dinner in London
Homelessness is something that many of us see in cities all the time, yet most of us don’t really understand it. This is why I took my entire team at London Real down to a drop-in homeless centre to serve over 100 homeless people Thanksgiving Dinner.
When we were down there helping out I met Gary Davidge. The manager of a homeless drop-in centre of the Spitalfields Crypt Trust, in Shoreditch, London, Gary is on the ground with these folks. He gets to know their personal lives, and he taught me so much about what actually goes on in the streets.
Helping the homeless
Every day Gary works hands-on helping the homeless community, serving some 6,000 meals to over 500 people last year. In the past decade he has introduced pre-abstinence groups and education programmes, and in the next five years plans to launch specific programs for women and addiction recovery.
Fast-Track Your Business Idea
Free MasterclassRegister now
My team learned an incredible amount about how complex the homelessness issue is, and hopefully, this episode will give you insight on how you can be effective and help.
Join us as we discuss:
- Losing his cousins to addiction
- Heroin, crack, and crystal meth
- Addiction rates, psychosis, and youth homelessness
- Portuguese drug laws, politics, and hostels
- Abstinence, the Acorn House, and recovery
- Christianity, mental health, and triathlons
- The Great North Swim and his children