Dennis & Terence McKenna
Dennis McKenna and his late brother Terence are known as pioneers of the psychedelic movement. The American ethnopharmacologist, author and psychedelic expert, Dennis has been a leader in psychedelic discovery and the use of plant medicines, including psilocybin, DMT, and ayahuasca for over four decades.
The McKenna Academy of Natural Philosophy
Earlier this year Dennis founded The McKenna Academy of Natural Philosophy, dedicated to advancing a symbiotic and co-evolutionary partnership, with the entire planetary community of sentient species.
I was super excited to have Dennis back on the show for a second time. We talked about everything from climate change to the Reconnect movie we made together where Dennis and I travelled down to Soltara in Costa Rica to partake in three ayahuasca ceremonies.
This is the best I’ve ever seen Dennis McKenna, he’s on fire in this episode and I know you’re going to love what he has to teach us.
Join us as we discuss:
- Climate change, plant medicine, and a global shift in consciousness
- Robin Carhart-Harris, meditation, and psilocybin
- Neurotransmitters, ayahuasca, and John Joseph
- Pharmaceuticals, tobacco, and alcohol
- Shipibo Master Shamans, ritual, and DMT
- Beta-Carboline, Terence McKenna, and LSD
- His academy, nature-based religions, and Eleusinian Mysteries
- Iboga, zeppelin travel, and Tom Swift adventures