The Man CNBC Nicknamed “The Prophet”
After graduating top of his class at Harvard Business School in 1999, Whitney Tilson did something he was completely unqualified to do. He raised $1 million from family and friends, set up a laptop in his New York City bedroom, and launched a hedge fund.
It was a bold move for a man who’d never had any formal investment training, but over the next decade, he nearly tripled his investors’ money, with 200% to 1,400% gains, using a radical strategy that he still uses to this day.
It’s the same investment strategy he used to buy Apple at $1.50… Amazon at $56… McDonald’s at $16… and dozens more. Whitney became an expert in finding undervalued stocks and investments ad predicting market moves.
Find Your Podcast Idea
Free MasterclassRegister now
- In 2000, he predicted the dot-com crash.
- In early 2008, he predicted the housing crisis and the government bailout of the economy.
- He predicted the decline of 88 different stocks, including 3 different bankruptcies. He even helped oust the CEO of a household name company.
- In December 2008 on 60 Minutes, he called the bottom of the stock market – just prior to the start of the longest bull market in history.
- In 2017, he predicted the bitcoin crash… almost to the hour.
Whitney’s calls became so prescient, that CNBC once nicknamed him “The Prophet” and he is now one of the most connected men on Wall Street, having met with Warren Buffett, Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, and an extensive list of Wall Street insiders.
Electric Vehicles & Autonomous Driving
I loved talking to Whitney, he’s had an incredible career on Wall Street and I learned a ton from him in regards to where people should invest in next.
We chatted about everything from the 2008 financial crash to his love for the Tough Mudder race and mountain climbing.
Whitney believes we are the brink of one of the most important changes in recent times – everything about how we shop, commute to work, live and travel is about to change. In Whitney’s opinion, it’s not a question of if this change is coming – he believes it’s 100% guaranteed to happen and sooner than you think.
Whitney’s insight centres on the intersection of electric vehicles (EVs) with autonomous vehicles (AVs), an area he believes will create an incredible opportunity for savvy investors. He’s even put together a free report for London Realers where you can learn how best to invest in this once-in-a-lifetime megatrend.
If you’re interested in some life changing investment opportunities, this is an episode you won’t want to miss.
Join us as we discuss:
- The adoption of the internet, Apple’s iPhone, and Tesla stocks
- Autonomous vehicles, Uber, and Bill Ackman
- Warren Buffet, Benjamin Graham, and Charlie Munger
- Lollapalooza effect, Berkshire Hathaway, and Alex Honnold
- Climbing El Capitan, Yosemite, and Empire Financial Research
- Virgin Galactic, Bitcoin, and Tillroy stocks
- S&P 100, blockchain, and CBD stocks
- Tough Mudder, BUD/S, and Free Solo