BJJ & Kettlebell Workout Master
Let me ask you something? If someone came at you would you be able to protect yourself from being attacked?
Well, that’s is what this episode is all about.
I was lucky enough to train with my good friend Steve Maxwell, where he showed me the basics of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu self-defence.
Enrolling nowJoin us
Steve was the first American to be certified as a Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Teacher and was named one of the Top 10 trainers in the United States by Men’s Journal.
Steve holds a master’s degree in Exercise Science from West Chester University of Pennsylvania, and trains professional athletes including players for the Philadelphia Phillies, LA Dodgers, and Philadelphia Eagles.
The Basics of Self-Defence
Steve has also has worked with various US Government agencies, including the DEA, Secret Service, and FBI as well as many BJJ academies throughout the country.
In this episode, Steve Maxwell covers the basics of this fighting art and I think it’s the single most important martial art you can start with.
So pay attention. What you learn today could improve your safety in the future.
Join us as we discuss:
- The Gracie Academy, judo, and wrestling
- Rio de Janeiro dojos, Mark Kerr, and Kron Gracie
- UFC, Mitsuyo Maeda, and street fighting
- The NFL, a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Gi, and purple belts
- The Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Self defence, and the Valente Brothers
- Helio Gracie, the Global Jiu-Jitsu Tournament, and the proper way to headbutt